Let’s talk about a team that last year fought more at the bottom of the table than at the top: the Denver Broncos. Last season they had the worst offense in their division and were among the top ten worst teams in the NFL. Therefore, by 2021 the goal is clear: to find a franchise quarterback who knows how to command those led by Vic Fangio to glory, or at least to the Playoffs. Here we leave you everything you need to know about the Broncos this 2021 NFL Season.
Broncos last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Broncos? At 5-11, Denver was last in the AFC West, earning it the ninth-best pick heading into the 2021 NFL Draft. Want to know more?
How they got to free agency
The Broncos entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as the secondary, and the quarterback. For this they had more than 42 million dollars available against the salary cap, being the fifth-best figure in the NFL and the best within its division. So how did they take advantage of this opportunity?
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain problems via Free Agency, the team was lacking in talent, especially still on the side of the cornerbacks and the running game. Therefore, they improved both positions in the 2021 NFL Draft by selecting Patrick Surtain II and Javonte Williams. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: AFC West, where we review Denver’s top picks and their divisional rivals.
The Broncos’ stories to watch for this season
- Five years of failure to find a starting QB. After Peyton Manning’s retirement in 2016, the quarterback position for this team has been a bust. Between Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, and now Drew Lock, none have managed to fill the gap left by Manning.
- Drew Lock, Teddy B, or someone else? One of Denver’s biggest controversies for 2021 is figuring out who his starting quarterback will be. It’s time to find out if the Drew Lock project is still sustainable, if Teddy Bridgewater has a player capable of commanding this offense or if they should set their sights on the 2022 NFL Draft and land a new franchise QB.
- Denver might have the best WR body in the league. A great corps of receivers without a quarterback at the helm, but that doesn’t stop the team of Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton from being some of the most fearsome in the NFL. Plus, with the talented TE Noah Fant, the Broncos playmakers have everything to shine for the foreseeable future.
- There are no excuses for Vic Fangio’s defense. We can’t deny that Fangio managed to build brutally dominant defenses in both San Francisco and Chicago, so it’s time to demand the same of him with the Broncos. With the help of safety Justin Simmons and Patrick Surtain II, who is being one of the most outstanding rookies in the 2021 NFL Training Camps , he should start to pull it off. Therefore, for this 2021, the question is: Can the Broncos defense be the best in the NFL?
- Can they compete with the Chiefs yet? The issue for Denver is that its division is currently controlled by Patrick Mahomes’ Chiefs, who still have a better roster – by far. Plus, before you even think of Kansas City, you have to get past Justin Herbert’s Chargers.
- In case you missed it: don’t forget to visit our article The Top Concern for Every AFC West Team in 2021, where you can find what matters most to both the Broncos and their divisional rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: How many games are the Broncos going to win in the 2021 Season? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Vic Fangio for the new NFL season. Will they find a quarterback to guide them to the postseason, or are they doomed to be the worst team in the AFC West?
Denver’s top 5 games of 2021
In our article The 5 Best Broncos Games in the 2021 Season you will find the most relevant, difficult, and interesting games that this team will have next season. Suitable for fans who are not aware of the 2021 Denver NFL Calendar.
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts, and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview to the 2021 NFL Season – AFC West, where you can find all the necessary information about the Broncos and their division rivals.
The Broncos’ Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. For this reason, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Denver Broncos towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the bookmakers in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.